The sixth annual KilGogh Arts Festival is on the lookout for artists and artisans for this year’s event, Friday and Saturday, March 23-24 in downtown Kilgore’s Texan Theater. The theme for this year’s event is “Gogh with the Flow.” We’ll also feature a special showing of “Loving Vincent” March 1 in the Texan Theater to open the month!
- On Thursday, March 1, KilGogh will offer “Sweets & Cinema” with a special screening of the Golden Globe nominated animated film “Loving Vincent.”
- On Friday night, the festival’s 2018 Art & Wine Exhibition will be open from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. just to select guests who purchase a $50 ticket.
- On Saturday, the 2018 KilGogh Arts Festival and KidsGogh will fill Kilgore’s Entertainment District with free art activities, running 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
An artist or artisan’s reservation for KilGogh 2018 is $50 (discounted for early-birds: $40 in January, $50 for February RSVPs, and $60 for last-minute sign-ups in March).
Participating KilGogh artists and artisans will receive:
- a Friday & Saturday booth (per reservation, doubles available)
- a 10-foot by 10-foot space (or equivalent) inside the Texan Theater
- advance promotion online at KilGogh.com
- social media promotion via Facebook and Twitter
- promotional KilGogh materials (posters, fliers and web graphics) for their personal use
- supply their own display materials, lighting and other necessities in their respective booths.
- remit 10% of gross revenues to KilGogh Arts Festival.
- submit a piece of new work (in any format) created since KilGogh 2017 that reflects the new theme, “Gogh with the Flow,” to become a competition entry in this year’s festival.
- Judges will select which piece of artwork best reflects the theme.
- KilGogh will purchase the winning piece for $150 (the recommended, approximate value of each competition entry).
- The winning piece will become part of the City of Kilgore’s community art collection.
- The winning artist or artisan will become the featured artist for KilGogh 2019 and receive two free booths at the sixth annual arts festival.
- KilGogh requests that the remaining competition pieces be displayed by the artists and artisans in their booths, priced to sale (profits benefiting the artist/artisan’s total revenues).
Participating KilGogh artists and artisans will in turn: